22 Jan 2011

Mists of Heaven. My Perfume Collection

Perfumes: Mans' best creation after music. Nature's gift to our senses. The most alluring, chic, bold and amazing magic mists in their magic vials. Excuse my corkyness but I really have to say that I adore perfumes. I was inpired to make this blogpost by my latest purchase Thierry Mugler's 'Womanity' in which I have developped an addiction -and I am not kidding. ;)






I decided to present to you my perfume collection as well as try to describe them to you, which I find is the hardest thing to do, and you can understand why.. It's not something you hear or look at, it is something you smell and even with the most detailed description you will still not fully capture a perfume's magic untill you really get close to it and try it out. Oh well, as I am really exuberant with perfumes, I will introduce to you my collection thus, my favourite ones!









Image made by me:



1. Valentino: Rock & Rose Couture. Mine and Mystery Man's favourite :) 'Irresistible, elegant and provocative', as said by Valentino Garavani. It has an ultra feminine touch, rosy and flowery notes such as gardenia and orange blossoms, muguet, bergamot, vanilla, orris, musk and blackcurrant amongst others. I adore the bottle with the lace and the black rose. It just goes on to show its Feminity and a Decrite Darkness the perfume gives to you. 

2. Chanel: Chance Eau de Tendre. Mystery Man's gift for my 18th birtday :D This perfume is so delicate and radiant.Very Fruity, Floral and Intoxicatingly Light with green notes. It is like a fresh spring breeze combined the playfulness of summer all under a veil of innocense. Notes of white musk and grapefruit and a hint of jasmine make this unique perfume an all time favourite! So fresh, it will make you imagine you are running in a full blossommed field!

3. Thierry Mugler: Womanity. I freaking ADORE this perfume. It is so highly controversial and its scent depends so much on your skin that makes it more amazing as at the end of the day, it is a personalized perfume. On my skin it brings out tones and noted of the sea, sweetness, saltyness and an intense smell of 'heat' if it makes any sense. Its aromas are so unexpected and innovative: salt, caviar, green fig and fig wood aromas. The main thing about this monsterous perfection is that is one of a kind as it is not similar to any other perfume out there. And that is because it dares to make a combination no other perfume has: Sweet with Savory AND Salty. The inspiration for this innovative scent comes from the Cyclades Island of Greece (YAY for Cyclades!), where the sweet smell of fig trees is mixed with the salty sea breeze of the ocean. Honestly, this perfume is out of this world. Another of Mystery Man's favourite :) One word for it: Unique and Mysterious.

4. Escada: Incredible Me. A very flowery aroma. The fragrance features honeysuckle, tiramisu, clementine, orchid, sandalwood , musk and vanilla notes. Its scent is soooo sweet (maybe too sweet for others) and I absolutely love that. It brings out a very sophisticated and elegand tone. It feels like Love in a Bottle to me. Idk, maybe I'm too obsessed with perfumes? :P

5. Christian Dior: Pure Poison. Again a very sexy perfume. You are allured by fresh notes of bergamot and jasmine, then white flowers come in, erotic and intoxicating. It has sandalwood and amber in the base which give the perfume massive depth. I have this for a long  time and I am in love with it. Alluring and Erotic..

6. Christian Dior: Miss Dior Cherrie. A very youthful fragrance with sweet aromas. This has more of a chic and playful scent and I was surprised when I found out about its notes. Check this out! The top notes are wild strawberry leaves and green tangerine. The heart features caramel pop corns (!) surrounded by violets, wild strawberry, so strong and seductive and pink jasmine. The base is created of fresh patchouli leaves and crystalline musk. It brings out a Chic Joy!

7. DKNY Be Delicious. A fruty and woody perfume. It is a sexy and provocative perfume combining the fruity essences of green apple with a blend of exotic flowers, marine tones, sensual woods apple fruit. The opening is sparklingly fresh, with unusual apple, cucumber and grapefruit based accords, magnolia moves the fragrance to a flowery heart of tuberose, white lily-of-the-valley, rose, violet and a woody, sensual base of sandalwood, white woods and white amber. Fresh and Wild!

8. Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison. I honestly feel that this is the perfume a witch would use.. It is so mysterious and so sensual. It contains caraway, bitter almond as its top notes, jasmine sambac and moss as its middle notes and jacarander wood along with vanilla musk as its base notes. This fragrance is sweet but the reason I loved it is that apart from the sweetness it brings out a Spicy and Bitter tones but in such a lovely way. I know that once you hear that a perfume is spicy, bitter and sweet at the same time it does not sound that appealing to you, but believe me this perfume is something out of this world.   



That concludes my perfume collection. I hope you like my reviews and honest opinions on them. Of course I am not affiliated with any company. Just giving you my thoughts on these fragrances as the consumer I am.

Love and Inspiration to you all, 
Rafaella
xx


4 comments:

  1. Χρησιμοποιω εδω κ 2 χρονια σχεδον το Rock&Rose του Valentino,ειναι υπεροχο!Κ το Chance της Chanel μ'αρεσει πολυ!
    Υ.Γ.Τα δαχτυλιδια τα πηρα απο ενα μαγαζι στην Προξενου Κορομηλα,εχει κοσμηματα κ καποια αλλα αξεσουαρ ολα πολυ ομορφα!

    http://nothinglikefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. geia sou! you asked about the Eos lip balm, here is a link to an ebay seller shipping worldwide, check ebay for other Eos products! :)
    filakia~

    ReplyDelete
  3. here it is:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/EOS-Organic-Lip-Balm-Sweet-Mint-Authorized-Reseller-/120673140634?pt=US_Makeup_Lips&hash=item1c18adff9a

    ReplyDelete
  4. A varicose vein is one that has broken the contents reflux or stagnant. Normal veins return blood to the heart arteries after prevailed.

    veins

    ReplyDelete

Share a thought...