25 Feb 2012

A Really Personal Post...

PERSONAL POST ALERT: 


Through many various conversations about the current situation my country is going through, and most improstatnly its people, I have been contemplating about whether continuing posting in a 'fashion' blog (I freaking hate labels) was the right thing to do.. I mean face it, things are so difficult right now. People are having difficulties providing food on their table, paying the rent, paying the gas.. Is posting on a blog like this really a good thing to do? On the other hand though, why should anyone abandon their love, their interest, their hobbies, their joys, their art for such a fictitious thing like money? But now, think again Rafaella, with what do you buy all those pretty clothes for your blog? With exaclty that. Money. But money is not everything in the world. If I don't have any money to buy clothes, I'll make some. If I get cold, I'll ask for a hug. If I go hungry, well.. that's gonna be a problem... Anyway, what I want to say (and maybe justify my thoughts) is that sometimes in a community like this, which is obvious that relates to consumerism, sometimes you get lost.. I mean, all you do is show to the world how pretty and expensive your stuff are? No. What you do (brace yourselves, a major clise is about to be said for the trillionth time) is share your love and interest for this form of art fashion is (maybe a clise but it still is true).
Never look down. Only up. Up, to the place you are going to reach. 

Honestly, I know this post is completelly different than the others, however it was very personal and something I could not omit. Especially after realizing that it does concern other bloggers too. For those of you that actually read this long long post, I sincerely thank you.



Yours, R.







Μετά από αμέτρητες συζητήσεις για την πολιτική κατάσταση της χώρας μας, και κυρίως για την κατάσταση των πολιτών, προβληματίστηκα πολύ για το εάν θα έπρεπε να συνεχίσω να γράφω στο blog μόδας (πόσο μισώ τις ταμπέλες..) αυτό.. Εννοώ, υπάρχουν τόσο πιο σημαντικά πράγματα γύρω μας. Οι συνάνθρωποι μας  (φυσικά βάζω και μένα μέσα) έχουν τόσες έγνοιες, τόσα προβλήματα, να βάλουν φαγητό στο τραπέζι, να πληρώσουν το νοίκι, να πληρώσουν βενζίνη... Είναι το να κάνω post σε ένα blog πραγματικά κάτι χρήσιμο; Από την άλλη όμως, γιατί θα πρέπει να εγκαταλείπει κανείς τις αγάπες του, τα ενδιαφέροντά του, τα χόμπι του, την ευτυχία του, την τέχνη του για ενα πλαστό πράγμα, μια ανθρώπινη εφεύρεση όπως το χρήμα; Θα μου πεις τώρα, Ραφαέλλα, με τι ζεις, αγοράζεις ρούχα για το blog σου; Με ακριβώς αυτά. Μα αυτά δεν είναι το παν. Εαν δεν έχω λεφτά για να πάρω όμορφα ρούχα, θα φτιάξω. Εαν δεν έχω λεφτά για θέρμανση, θα ζητήσω μια αγκαλιά. Εάν δεν έχω λεφτά για φαγητό, εεε τότε μάλλον θα έχω πρόβλημα... Τέλος πάντων, αυτό που θέλω να πω (και να δικαιολογήσω τον εαυτό μου, στον εαυτό μου) είναι ότι σε μια τέτοια κοινότητα, που προφανώς σχετίζεται με τον καταναλωτισμό κάποιες φορές νιώθεις να χάνεσαι. Δηλαδή αυτό που κάνεις είναι να δείχνεις τι όμορφα και ακριβά πράγματα έχεις..; Όχι. Αυτό που κάνεις είναι (και εδώ έρχεται το χιλιοειπωμένο κλισέ, -προετοιμαστείτε) να μοιράζεσαι την αγάπη και το ενδιαφέρον για αυτή τη μορφή τέχνης (χιλιοειπωμένο αλλά ωστόσο ισχύει).  
 Ποτέ μη κοιτάς κάτω. Πάντα επάνω, εκεί που επρόκειτο να φτάσεις. 


Ξέρω ότι το περιεχόμενο του post αυτού είναι παντελώς άσχετο με αυτό του συγκεκριμένου blog, ωστόσο είναι κάτι προσωπικό που δε μπορούσα να παραλείψω. Ειδικά βλέποντας πως απασχολεί και άλλους bloggers. Για όσους και όσες έκαναν τον κόπο να το διαβάσουν, ευχαριστώ ειλικρινά.


Φιλικά, Ρ.

7 comments:

  1. I love this! Thanks for being so honest and real! xx

    Pip
    http://chicstayathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  2. My sweet friend, very nice and interesting you site.
    When you want to take refuge in good ballads of yesterday, today and forever in all languages and genres I invite you to visit my blog and listen me.
    From this Saturday February 25 I share ten female singers from Greece;
    Andriana Babali, Chrispa, Eleftheria Arvanitaki, Rallia Christidou, Angela Dimitriou, Areti Ketime, Glykeria, Irini Merkouri, Kalomira, Mariada Pieridi
    I am a broadcaster of Argentina.
    Best regards from Rosario-Argentina
    Albert.
    http://baladasmp3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. bravo re Rafaella!poso eilikrinis!epeidi exw kai egw kata kairous tetoies anisixies pragmatika tautistika. me akrivws idies skepseis, kathws ta provlimata eimai polla kai dunatotita na pswnizoume sunexws den uparxei, eipa oti tha sunexisw auto pou agapw kai me rouxa perasmenwn sezon i akoma opws eipes kai esu, me rouxa pou ftiaxnei o kathenas monos tou!ti pio omorfo na exeis na protineis kati oikonomiko, prwtotupo kai omorfo sunama! i'm with you my girl! lots of kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a great post Rafaella. But remember, fashion blogging is not necessarily just buying new stuff and posting your looks! You can do it without spending also, if you write about your favorite stuff and give fashion advice! Looking forward to your next post :)
    xx
    junebiswas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Έχω κάνει κι εγώ τις ίδιες σκέψεις.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Χαιρομαι που δεν ειμαι η μονη :)
      Φιλια! :)

      Delete

Share a thought...