5 Jun 2012

The 5'' Heeled Fairy


 Well, hello world! Long time, no see! I think that saying once again that I'm sorry for the long break I took from the blog is redundant, so instead I am just going to say that personal problems were in the way. But since everything is sorted, I'M BACK BABY!
Exam period is looking straight in my eyes, and I hate it! This semester has been crazy busy and I have no idea what's going to happen during the exams.. But oh well, life goes on.
Anyway, more about this outfit. This is a look we shot at Scopelos, and this dress is my favorite of all time. Honestly, not for its prettyness but for the memories. It's my mom's dress, which she wore when she was about my age (like, one third of a century ago) and I remember little me, always trying it on as I was growing up. 
Another thing I like about this look is that it's all about one of the things I love: Contrasts. The girly pink chiffon dress with the beaded details, with the edgy velvet shoes. Also the little bag is my granma's, so there's a lot of vintage going on here people!


PS, I am still waiting for some things I ordered so a haul is on its way ;)




Ε λοιπόν, γεια σου κόσμε! Χρόνια και ζαμάνια! Νομίζω πως το να ξαναπώ ότι λυπάμαι πάρα πολύ για το μεγάλο αυτό διάλειμμα που έκανα από το blog είναι περιττό, οπότε απλώς θα πω ότι υπήρχαν προσωπικοί λόγοι. Αλλά αφού τακτοποιήθηκαν, I'M BACK BABY!
 Η εξεταστική με κοιτάει μες στα μάτια, και μπορώ με σιγουριά να πω ότι την μισώ! Αυτό το εξάμηνο ηταν ιδιαίτερα φορτισμένο και πραγματικά δεν έχω ιδέα τη θα γίνει στην εξεταστική. Η ζωή συνεχίζεται όμως!
Τέλος πάντων, σχετικά με το outfit. Αυτό το look το βγάλαμε στη Σκόπελο, και αυτό το φόρεμα είναι μακράν το αγαπημένο μου όλων των εποχών. Όχι τόσο για το πόσο όμορφο είναι αλλά για τις αναμνήσεις που κουβαλάει. Ήταν της μαμάς και το φορούσε όταν ήταν στην ηλικία μου (πριν από 30 χρόνια) και με θυμάμαι να το δοκιμάζω συνεχώς όσο μεγάλωνα.
Κάτι ακόμη που μ'αρέσει σε αυτό το look είναι το ότι το χαρακτηρίζει κάτι που αγαπώ: Οι αντιθέσεις. Το κοριτσίστικο ροζ chiffon με τις κεντημένες λεπτομέρειες και τα ακραία βελούδινα παπούτσια. Α, επίσης το τσαντικό είναι της γιαγιάς οπότε έχει πέσει πολύ vintage εδώ παίδες! 


ΥΓ, Περιμένω ακόμη κάτι παραγγελίες οπότε ένα haul έρχεται λίαν συντόμως ;)


xx R.




Pink Chiffon Dress - Vintage
Shoes - Jeffrey Cambel, Lita
Bag - Vintage
Fedora Hat - Vintage










3 comments:

  1. τελειο το φουστανι!!
    http://weallarequeens.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice dress!
    Good luck with your exams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Απλα υπεροχη?

    Κουλιτσα! <3

    ReplyDelete

Share a thought...